Pedal & Paddle, June 3rd, 2018, (rain date June 24th)
Participants will meet and the event will begin at Prallsville Mills- 33 Risler St, Stockton, NJ 08559.
The “Pedal” portion of the event will leave from the Mill, travel south into Stockton, NJ and over the bridge to the PA side.
We will pedal up the Delaware Canal to the Tohickon Creek Aqueduct, and then back down to the Bulls Island Recreation Area.
After the pedal, lunch break and safety instruction at Bulls Island, and participants will complete the “Paddle” portion back down to Prallsville Mills.
Registrants will need to bring their own packed lunch for the day.
- 10:30 am – Participants should arrive at Prallsville Mills so we can start right at 11 am
- 11 am – Bike ride departs from Prallsville Mills
- 12:30ish – Bike ride returns to Bulls Island; bikes are stored in maintenance area until they can be picked up by participants at the conclusion of the paddling portion of the program; participants eat lunch in picnic area & have time to use bathroom, explore the park office & walk across pedestrian bridge…
- 1:30 pm – Paddle portion begins with 30 mins. for the following: paddle instruction, adjusting boats & fitting life vests
- 3:30 pm (or likely a bit sooner because we are only paddling 3 miles!) – Paddlers land @ Prallsville Mills, then drive themselves back up to Bulls Island to pick up their bikes.
Kayaks will be included for registrants as part of registration fee.
Bikes will be provided by the registrants. Bike rentals can be obtained at the following bike shops, and transportation is the responsibility of the registrant.
Registrants may be able to get a discount on the rental, so please tell the shops that you are riding in this event.
New Hope Cyclery
404 York Rd, New Hope, PA 18938
Cycle Corner of Frenchtown
52 Bridge St, Frenchtown, NJ 08825